Go back in time: Photos of the Kent mill through the years

1938. Courtesy of the Kent Historical Society

Kent lost a large chunk of its most distinctive skyline feature on Dec. 2. The Kent mill grew up piece by piece through the years, and there are plenty of photographs documenting its transformation on North Water Street.

The Kent Historical Society shared several photos of the mill throughout its history with The Portager. Built in 1879 and originally operating as the Williams Brothers Mill, it has been a part of the downtown landscape nearly as long as the city has been a city.

Take a trip through time with these photos provided by the Kent Historical Society Photo Archivist Henry Halem:

Williams Mill, 1881
Williams Mill workers
Mill workers
Original mill, 1881
Mill silos, 1938
+ posts